Clinic for Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery
Orthopedics has a long tradition at the Malteser Waldkrankenhaus St. Marien in Erlangen with a catchment area covering the entire metropolitan region of Nürnberg/Fürth/Erlangen. On the one hand, the Waldkrankenhaus in Erlangen offers highly specialized experts in the Clinic for Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery for the treatment of acute and chronic diseases of the musculoskeletal system, ranging from children and (competitive) athletes to geriatric patients (see treatment spectrum), including the Endo Prosthetic Center of maximum care, the treatment of school, work and commuting accidents and the Interdisciplinary Center for Spine and Scoliosis Therapy. Our surgeons are supported by state-of-the-art implants and surgical technologies such as robot-assisted knee arthroplasty or joint-preserving mini-invasive surgery. We offer comprehensive therapies for all clinical pictures of the musculoskeletal system "from a single source" with a special focus on minimally invasive techniques: We are your contact for outpatient consultations, inpatient care and rehabilitation as well as always available via our 24 h emergency room.
The in-house certified geriatric trauma center is closely linked to the local geriatric center in Erlangen. This ensures the highly specialized treatment of patients of advanced age, both after injuries and during elective surgery. In addition, we also offer in-house rehabilitation for our geriatric patients.
Excellent orthopedics and trauma surgery: Our clinic for orthopedics and trauma surgery at Malteser Waldkrankenhaus St. Marien in Erlangen is one of the top facilities for the treatment of orthopedic diseases in Germany. Head physician Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Tischer has repeatedly been named a top specialist by Focus magazine. He is a nationally and internationally recognized representative of his field.
Chief Physician of the Clinic for Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery at Malteser Waldkrankenhaus St. Marien in Erlangen, Germany
- Specialist in orthopedics and trauma surgery, orthopedics
- Additional qualification in special orthopedic surgery, pediatric orthopedics, sports medicine
- Senior chief surgeon EndoCert, Instructor of the AGA, Certified Knee Surgeon of the German Knee Society, Teacher of the ESSKA, GOTS Sports Physician
Mon. - Thurs.: 08:30 - 15:00 hrs
Fr.: 08:30 - 12:00 o'clock
Additional office hours:
Wed.: 17:00 - 19:30 o'clock
Appointments can be made by telephone.
You can also find all information in our clinic folder.
What do you need to bring with you?
- Please bring your radiological images (X-ray, MRI, CT) to the appointment. The imaging should not be older than 6 months. If in doubt, please ask us in advance.
- If previous findings and reports are available, please also bring them with you.
- We will also ask you about any previous operations, the medications you are taking and any measured bone density. Please have this information ready.
- Please be at our office at least 30 minutes before your appointment so that you have enough time to prepare and fill out our questionnaires.
- If you have statutory health insurance, please bring your insurance card with you to the appointment.
A73 from the direction of Nuremberg:
Freeway exit "Erlangen Nord". Turn left at the traffic lights. The Malteser Wald-krankenhaus St. Marien is signposted from here.
A73 from Bamberg:
Freeway exit "Erlangen Nord". Turn left at the traffic lights. The Malteser Wald-Krankenhaus St. Marien is signposted from here.
Or turn left after the freeway exit "Möhrendorf", then turn right, direction Erlangen. In Erlangen turn left at the first traffic light. The Malteser Waldkrankenhaus St. Marien is signposted from here.
You can reach us by public transport from Bahnhofplatz by bus on line 289 and line 290 (Waldkrankenhaus stop).You can reach us by public transport from Bahnhofplatz by bus on line 289 and line 290 (Waldkrankenhaus stop).
A cab rank is located directly at the main entrance.